What Does the STS Do?
- Radius short-term staff volunteers will care for children during class hours (M-F, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm), with some other “as needed” childcare during afternoons, evenings and weekends. She will also prepare daily lesson plans for the children, help facilitate parent-led homeschool assignments, and maintain and clean the childcare areas. Other responsibilities involve helping with evening and weekend meals, upkeep of guest rooms and assisting with hosting visitors, along with other occasional tasks and opportunities.
- The short-term staff position is a one-year commitment. (mid August -June). Radius students and short-term staff will have a winter break from mid Dec to mid Jan.
- As a support-based ministry, all members of the Radius staff raise support to cover their living and ministry expenses. We ask that our short-term staff contribute $5000 for the year, which can be broken into monthly payments. If this amount is a barrier for you, please inquire about potential scholarship funds. In addition, she will need money for personal expenses, such as transportation, health care (Radius does not provide health insurance), entertainment, etc.
- Short-term staff live on campus in a dorm room with roommates.
- STS may complete one or two online college courses during their year here. In addition, the staff will recommend specific reading assignments as part of our discipleship care for short-term staff. This will be arranged on an individual basis and we anticipate this will be a valuable component of the time spent on our campus. Also, when possible, short-term staff will be given the opportunity to sit in on classes to learn more about church-planting among unreached people. STS often have the opportunity to accompany students or staff on cultural outings.
- Short-term staff will need to complete a background check, as well as a CPR and first aid course.
- Short-term staff will arrive a few days before the semester begins for orientation and team prep, and they will need to pay their own travel expense to and from our campus.
” I believe the STS program is an amazing and fun opportunity to serve families preparing to engage the least reached people groups in the world. Through caring for children and assisting in hospitality services, the STS get to be involved in God’s global plan of redemption in a truly unique way…I grew to treasure God’s heart for the nations and the very people that God is sending out around the world to do His work. -Sharon